After following different recipes, I began experimenting by bringing together different spices, flavors, and cooking techniques to create Joost’s Famous Chicken. Joost’s Famous Chicken is an easy and tasty meal for university students in need of something to warm them up. The sauce in this recipe is sweet and savory, with a hint of spiciness. I like to pair the chicken with grilled vegetables and pearl couscous.
- Chicken Breast ( 1 breast per person)
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Ketjap Manis
- Paprika powder
- Laos or Ginger Powder
- Cayenne powder
- Black pepper
- Cane sugar or honey
- Cut chicken into smaller pieces.
- Before putting the chicken in, you need to make the sauce. Start by putting the pan on low/medium heat and spread the sunflower oil evenly.
- Put in the soy sauce, ketjap, and sriracha.
- Put in the spices and sugar/honey (to taste), then stir.
- Let the sauce bubble for a few minutes and stir every 10/15 seconds.
- After 3 minutes of the sauce bubbling, add the chicken.
- Mix the chicken and the sauce, and cook until ready.
Find us on Instagram @basis.baismag