This recipe is next-level lazy: you put everything in a pot and wait. It is really one of the easiest foods you could cook, and, surprisingly, it does not involve pasta! Instead, you will need:
- Some rice
Always the same recommendation, go for a small tea cup per person, but you can add way more if you want.
- Some lentils of any kind
I recommend using the same quantity of lentils as rice.
- Your favourite frozen veggies
Spinach is, in my opinion, the best option, but follow your heart.
- Optional for extra-creaminess: vegetal milk
Let’s start building the one pot.
- Rinse your lentils and rice.
This is the time-consuming part of the recipe but definitely needed. If you don’t know how to do it, check “the basic”.
- In your pot, add the lentils, rice, frozen veggies and liquid.
For one portion of lentils/rice, use two portions of liquid – i.e., if you use a small cup of rice, add two small cups of liquid. If you want to add some milk, I recommend ¾ water and ¼ milk.
- Season with salt, stir well and let it cook on medium heat.
- Once small holes appear in the mix, cover it and let it cook for some minutes on low heat.
- Taste from time to time to check the cooking (it usually doesn’t take more than 15 minutes).
Rice and lentils are cooked when they are well moist and not crunchy anymore.
And your one-pot is ready! You can add more seasoning (such as hot sauce or different spices) or some seeds as topping if you want to get a bit creative. Anyway, this recipe is incredibly easy and you definitely cannot mess it up.
Find us on Instagram @basis.baismag
Images from Unsplash