Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to have a nice brunch meal at your favorite restaurant nowadays… But don’t fret, the culinary community is willing to share their favorite fancy avocado toast recipe. This avocado toast has everything you like. The creamy avocado on crusty bread accompanied by a savory-and-sweet sauce that will definitely lift your spirits.
This recipe is delicious, fast, and surprisingly easy. Although poaching eggs seems like something that requires large culinary expertise, it is not as intimidating as it sounds. This treat will take your cooking skills to the next level!
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 or 2 eggs (depending on how hungry you are)
- 2 tbs of sesame oil
- 1 tbs of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 green onion (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients and mixing it well.
- Toast the bread. You can do this in a bread toaster or in the oven, using the grill function until the bread feels crunchy. If you have neither; putting it in a pan without oil will work too.
- Remove the peel and pit, then cut the avocado and mash it on top of the toast. Easy isn’t it?
- Crack the egg in a small bowl. Then, put a small pot on the stove and fill it with enough water so that your egg can ‘’swim’’ in it. Allow the water to come to a boil. When the water is boiling, use a large spoon or another kitchen utensil to stir the water in order to create a small whirlpool. Quickly dump the egg into the water. The egg white should wrap itself around the egg yolk by using this method*. Let the egg sit in the water until the egg white is opaque and the yolk is not visible anymore. Use a spoon to fish the egg out of the water. Repeat this process with your second egg.
- Put the egg(s) on your toast, add the dressing, and enjoy your homemade meal!
* There will always be some egg white floating loosely in the water, you can just scoop it out.
Note: the recipe is an original created by the Culinary Committee. The image has been provided by the Culinary Committee
This recipe is in collaboration with the Culinary Committee.
Find us on Instagram @basis.baismag
Leave a Reply